The promise of a new year is a magical time. For me, it feels like a clean slate, a fresh start, a new beginning.
If you’re the same, then stick with me here. If you want 2017 to be the best year ever, if you have large goals you want to achieve, if you have small projects you want to launch, if you have habits that you would like to overhaul, then you’re in the right place.
I want to help you take it up a notch in 2017.
What is Up a Notch?
Up a Notch is an accountability partner in your inbox every month. On the first day of every month (or close to it), I’ll send you an email to check-in- and I’ll be expecting a response! I’ll also provide you with an update on my goals- because accountability goes both ways.
If you don’t respond to my check-in email, I’ll follow up. Again, and again, and again. As many times as it takes to ensure you’re still on the path you’d like to be on.
Important! These monthly emails and check-ins are not intended to make you feel guilt or shame for going astray, but are entirely geared towards celebrating your successes, and reminding you of your intentions on a regular basis. Think of it as a little support group of one in your inbox.
Why Up a Notch?
I’m doing this because we all have goals in life, and we could all use a little help in accomplishing them.
Let’s be honest here. You’ve set goals before, or made resolutions, only to forget about them a few weeks/months later. You’ve set goals before, only to make excuse after excuse. Life gets busy, urgent takes over, excuses abound… it’s happened to the best of us.
I want to help you take your life up a notch, and help you achieve everything you have ever dreamed of. And I believe that being a little nag in your inbox, reminding you of the things you want to achieve, is a good first step.
How do I start?
- Sign up to join my little group of go-getters. It’s easy!
- Spend a little bit of time thinking about your goals and dreams for 2017. Here are a few tips to get you started:
- Start by reflecting on 2016. What are you proud of achieving? What would you like to improve upon, do differently, or start/stop doing in 2017?
- Think about goals in the various dimensions of your life: health, relationships, financial, community, professional, learning and growth, personal projects, etc.
- While you might identify lots of things you want to change, start by setting just 3 goals. Increased focus means increased chance of success.
- Ensure your goals fall into the SMART framework, and there is something specific you can hold yourself accountable to. What question can you answer at the end of every month to ensure you’re on track?
- Know your why. Understanding the motivation behind your goals is a great first step in achieving them. If it’s not for you, then you’ve got an uphill battle.
- Fill me in on your goals! After signing up, you’ll receive an email asking you to outline your goals, and how I can best support you and hold you accountable. Be sure to respond so we can get started!
We can all benefit from taking our lives up a notch. Join me in doing just that in 2017.